Ho'ola Cares Program
Discount Program Information
- As a Federally Funded Qualified Health Center and Native Hawaiian Care System, Ho'ola Lahui Hawai'i is required to offer services to those who qualify, a discounted rate of care, based on family size, income, and insurance status. This is commonly known as the Sliding Fee Discount Program.
- If you have no health insurance or do not have coverage, you may be eligible for this discount program provided your income and family size meet the eligibility criteria listed on the application
- If you do not have the appropriate documentation at the initial visit, HLH requires documentation to be provided within 7 calendar days from the initial visit.
- Any patient who fails or refuses to provide the required documentation will be charged the full price and is not eligible for the Sliding Fee Scale Discount Program.
- All Patients shall be required to reapply on an annual basis.
- If your income or circumstances change, please notify our offices as soon as possible.
- Ho'ola Lahui Hawai'i requires that certain documentation must be provided in order to apply for the Sliding Fee Scale Discount Program. That information is requested at the initial visit.
Acceptable Documentation of Income:
- Income Tax Return
- Past two months of pay stubs (must show gross income)
- Unemployment letter or Disability Income Verification
- Denial letter from QUEST listing family income
- Social Security Proof of Income Letter
- Other evidence may be acceptable but must be approved by the Finance Office